Tuesday, December 1, 2009

1: Weights A

Week 1, Workout A.
Gold's Downtown, 745a.

Squat:

Warm up sets
75 x 8
150 x 5
175 x 4
195 x 3

Work set:
230 5X5

The 5X5 was hard! I haven't done squats in over a week, and although my strength was good, that was a lot of weight to be doing 5X5! Felt good to be putting 2 wheels on each side. Had to really concentrate to get all the way down and keep good form on the way up. My right leg was especially tight and my right knee was pinging a bit. But I'm sure I just need to work it out. All in all, a hard but good start.


Bench Press:

Warm up sets
70 x 8
140 x 5
160 x 5
185 x 5
200 x 5

Work set:
215 x 5

My shoulder has been aching ever since I did my tests, but it doesn't bother me at all when working out. This was a lot of weight on the bench, but i still cranked it out. My bench is without a doubt improving. Saw a guy do 315 for multiple reps today. I want to do that.


Row:

Warm up sets
55 x 8
110 x 5
125 x 5
140 x 5
155 x 5

Work set:
165 x 5

Didn't have much trouble with the rows. My legs were tight from the squats, and I was a bit tired from the previous exercises, but I still managed with no problems. 165 is heavy, but for only 5 times not a big deal. Plus I do some light deadlifts and trap raises when I change the weights. Bonus!

Felt good to get back in the swing of working out. This round will be tough, and made more so by the addition of cardio. I will not go crazy on the cardio, though. My main focus will be my strength training. But I will still do 3 days of cardio along with this 5X5. So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment