Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day Off

Forgot to post yesterday. Decided I was going to post at night, and then forgot...Oh well. Nearly every day is fine. Wasn't too hungry yesterday, but I did have a Snickers bar at work. Bad ingredients, including partially hydrogenated, but still as tasty as ever! An occasional treat is not terrible. But daily is not occasional. I need to bring more food to work for the evening snack. Going from 3 to 9 without eating much is difficult. I want to try the 24 hour fast, but will not try it until this month is over. I am going to try it on my days off, so I'm not hurting at work.

My measurements today were not bad. A slight decrease in weight, and no change in BF. Fine with me. I am going to try to keep on losing BF for 6 months, and then maybe try to bulk up. We'll see. For now, I am just looking forward to pizza.

Finished my Pollan book. One guideline is to stop shopping at grocery stores! He says to use farmer's markets and CSAs. That is just not practical for me. I think I will check out some farmer markets, but the majority of my shopping will be done at Publix and New Leaf. My budget just doesn't allow for a lot more money going to food. I suppose I could reduce out-food, but that is a form of entertainment. I am just going to try to buy more produce and slowly work toward choosing higher quality food. It will take work, but if I work at it a little at a time, I can figure out how to buy quality within my budget. I just have to not stress about it. Pollan has good ideas, and I will listen to his advice. I just need to take it slow. For now, no grains. Next month, another focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment