Friday, April 24, 2009

Daybreak

I am done measuring, recording, and planning my food. I have completely stopped writing in my food log and planning/entering my food in FitDay. I am not eating ad libitum, but I am not worrying about calories or balancing macros. I am just making sure I get plenty of protein, and my daily servings of vegetables. I am eating more fruit, and am happy to have returned to my beloved bananas. That's the thing: I am getting back to eating the foods I LIKE TO EAT. It's a move toward more sensible, healthy eating practices. I have just started the part in Pollan's book where he lays out his algorithms for eating. I am planning on giving them a try, to see how they work out. For now, I am just going to not eat grains for the rest of the month, which is only 7 days away but still a daily struggle. This last week is the hardest of the whole month. But that's it. Just no grains, nothing else. No fasting, no calorie counting, no carb watch, no macro count. Just no grains. I will make it 30 days, and then I will eat grains. And boy will they taste good! I just hope it doesn't tear me up too much. I had a Hershey bar this evening at work. It was pure heaven going in. WAY better than dark chocolate. But, it made me a little ill for a very short time. Totally worth it. I think in moderation stuff like that will be okay. So, this is the first post with no food log. Thank God! What a relief. It is like freedom from captivity. And so a new day dawns on this blog; a day of old, natural eating. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment