Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pain

Yesterday I was hurting. Not sure if it was no grains, low carb, or the daily fasting, but I was freaking out mentally. And I was hungry. So I broke down and got a machine cappuccino from the cafeteria, and then later broke my fast with a bag of vending machine peanuts. The cappuccino was stupid sweet, but I still finished all 16oz of it. I won't get that again. I'm too used to unsweetened drinks. The peanuts made me feel better, while the cappuccino made me feel physically bad (from all the sugar I'm sure). I'm going to go off of daily fasting. It's becoming too difficult. I still am fascinated with fasting, but I think I may try EatStopEat, which is 1-2 day a week of 24-hour fasting. I will still workout this morning on an empty stomach. That seems to be working.

That what I need to always do. Stick with what works, and drop what doesn't.

Reading Pollan really makes me think. I really like his perspective on food and eating. I would love to not worry about calories, macros, and nutrients, and just enjoy my food and still be super healthy and fit. Why is that such a difficult task? I am really going to try to see if I can achieve that.
I will continue with this 30 day no-grains. I want to quit, but I can make it through to the finish. It will not kill me, and then I can definitively make a decision based upon a whole month. One thing I will stop doing is hand-writing my food log. I will continue with FitDay for the rest of the month, and then take a break from all the measuring and recording, at least for a bit. Just to take a break. Ah, my diet is a constant evolution this year!

Food Log Day 21:

Coffee (Black, ~10 cups)
2oz Organic Valley Raw Jack Cheese
1oz Raw Almonds
1.5oz Beef Jerky
1/4c Strawberries
3 Whole Scrambled Eggs
1tbsp Organic Butter
1 Bag Bird's Eye Broccoli Florets
1scp Protein Powder
15oz Rotisserie Lemon Pepper Chicken
16oz Machine Cappuccino
1 Package Frito-Lay Salted Peanuts
Multi, VitC, Fish Oil

2600 Cals: 94g Carbs, 214g Protein, 149g Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment