Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's Done!

So I have decided not to complete the 30 day no-grains experiment. I am ending it today at 28 days. I have already completely decided that I am going to eat grains, like I have for the first part of this year. I feel the need to return to what has worked. I will measure, count calories, watch percentages, and have high calorie days and low calorie days. And free meals. But still eat clean! 90/10%. This has worked for me successfully for 3 months, so I will return to that method. Once again, the fringe has called me but has failed to make me stay. I was originally going to stick with these 30 days for principle, but why? Just so I can say I made it 30 days? Who cares? I don't! It's my diet dammit! My main purpose was to see if no-grains would work for me. It hasn't. I am going crazy with cravings. I have eaten candy for the past 3 days because I am craving carbs so much. So I will splurge for the next two days, and then settle back down to start my regular diet plan on Monday, May 3rd. Back to what I have done successfully. I think I will still try to a 24 hour fast once or twice a week for a couple weeks just to see how that goes. Maybe do some carb cycling. But nothing too drastic. Slow and steady baby! I will remain with my 5X5 until I hit 10 weeks, then take a recovery week and do something else. All in all, I'm excited about eating grains again! At work I made a list of all the stuff I want to eat! It was fun! I will continue blogging on a regular basis, because it helps me maintain perspective on my diet. I might start including other topics too. We will see! Man, I can't wait until tomorrow! I'm already hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment