Tuesday, April 14, 2009

IF is interesting...

Successfully completed my first day at intermittent fasting. After finishing eating at 8pm on Sunday, I did not eat until 1pm on Monday. The only thing I consumed was water, coffee(black, of course) and a Prilosec. I did my workout at about 8am, and felt fine, maybe even better than usual. As the day went on, I tried to keep busy to take my mind off my hunger. And I WAS hungry. Not dying starvation or anything like that, but definitely real hunger. But 1pm came around and I ate and it was good! I ate all clean food, and was about where my calories should be. So I am going to keep going with this little experiment, alternating days of fasting with days of normal eating. This week, I will fast Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then plan next week on Sunday.

Food Log Day 13:

Coffee (Black, ~4 cups)
~1/2c Fresh Mixed Berries
10oz Rotisserie Lemon Pepper Chicken
1bag Publix Japanese Blend Vegs
3 Whole Scrambled Eggs
1tbsp Organic Butter
2 servings Raw Spinach
Chunked Tomato
1tbsp Total EFA Oil
2tbsp Newman's Own 3 Cheese Balsamic
8oz Grilled Chicken w/Salsa
Multi, VitC, Fish Oil

1800 Cals: 49g Carbs, 151g Protein, 102g Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment